Yesterday, I showed how the client’s memory quilt looked after I finished it the first time. Then, she asked if I could add some very special items to it. After thinking about how I could incorporate these things into the finished quilt, I decided the only way it was to to applique them on the top and give it a collage/bulletin board effect. Again, I received a big box of stuff and set about cutting and stabilizing it. One thing I didn’t anticipate was the difficulty in repeatedly turning the quilt to stitch down the applique edges. It was BULKY to say the least and I had to do it on my Bernina since my Juki only sews a straight stitch. I soldiered through, though and anchored everything down.
Here’s how it looks now:
Here’s a close-up:
Lots of stuff in and on this quilt. I think it turned out pretty well and the client seems pleased. It is now on the way to it’s new home. In the first post, I mentioned that the client also wanted a memory quilt for herself. Another quilt, another challenge. More on that one in a future post!
Pat in Appleton says
Wow, Rhonda … you are dedicated (and perseverant) in serving your customer. Beautiful job! I bet she’ll love it!
LeeAnn Smith says
Good job! I’ll bet that was hard!!!
Anther clever idea I wouldn’t have thought to do! It looks great both ways, Rhonda, so I don’t know which I would have preferred. Better be careful, you might start getting a lot of commissions like this. LOL