Over the past couple of weeks or so I noticed that my Juki seemed a little noisy. Then on Friday it started making a louder sound and I knew I was in trouble. I’ve taken it apart, cleaned it thoroughly and oiled it generously. This is a pretty simple machine and there’s not too many things that can go wrong, but I’m afraid it might be the motor. If that’s the case, I guess I’ll be in the market for a new machine as it will be almost as expensive to replace the motor.
In the meantime, I’m using my trusty Bernina. As far as I can tell, it hasn’t even held a grudge over the fact that it went from first string to backup!! It sews beautifully—just not 1500 stitches per minute!!
I’m still working on the Poinsettia top. All the blocks are pieced and I’m sewing the rows together. For such a simple block it was a real challenge to lay it out. I won’t be at all surprised to see a turned block or two when it’s all sewn together. It’s not really obvious, but the alternate “flowers” in the quilt have different angles.
An interesting note about this picture is that the right side is illuminated by an Ott light while the left from a regular fluorescent bulb. The color is so truer on the right side. I wouldn’t have guessed that it would make such a difference!
Check out what other quilters have on their design walls this week with the links at Patchwork Times.
I love how your poinsettias are coming together. I love my Ott light and use it all the time. I love the bright light while I am sewing. So sorry about your Juki.
Melanie at 1000Needles dot com says
I hope your Juki is okay. 🙂
I looked at the block’s beginnings last week…then the progress this week…and had to look again. What a difference the sashing makes! This is an intriguing design. I’ve been working with neutrals-and-red lately so your Poinsettia stikes a chord. (I guess this is a resting place before I plunge into the bright colors of the Celtic Solstice mystery.)
Love this top, going to try and find the book.
Tea in MO says
Great scrap project.
Bonnie S. says
So glad that I am not the only one to venture away from the “tans” that the pattern calls for. I just went with the lights that I had in my pre-cut bins from the Scrap Users System as much as possible. Did make a few changes though. Will be good to see all the variations that the group comes up with.
I would never have guessed that block would make such a gorgeous combination. Now I’m going back to look at the other post. =) I love your scrappy red look.