The title to this post is misleading because I quilted this quilt on my DSM instead of the frame.
Since the layout forms a strong diagonal line I wanted to quilt feathers in the dark triangles. I thought it would be easier on the regular sewing machine since I would have to roll it so much on the frame. In hindsight it would have been a whole lot easier on the frame. At first I had a lot of problems with the thread shredding. I adjusted then tension, changed, then needle, re-threaded and did pretty much everything I could think of to stop the shredding. Then I remembered that the stitching is better if you push the fabric through the machine instead of pulling it. Once I got the hang of always situated the quilt so I could push away from myself the shredding ended. I hope I can remember that for next time I’m quilting—it will save a lot of headaches!!
Like I said, I quilted feathers in the triangles. In the little squares I just quilted continuous curves.
The outer borders have a continuous “up and down” and I just stitched in the ditch for the inner border.
Since this will be a donation quilt, I’ll put the binding on by machine and it will be another finish to cross off the UFO list. Woo hoo!