The Ohio Star quilt is finished. In the end I didn’t quilt the stars on the longarm. I just wasn’t happy with how the continuous curves looked. I really like this quilt and when it came down to it I didn’t want it to look like a practice piece. So I took it off the frame and finished it on the Juki. It’s not perfect but I’m happy with the results.
Here is a close-up of the quilting.
Many of the quilts I’ve made recently have a more modern look and are made from contemporary fabrics but when I finish one of these old UFO’s I love the richness of the colors. It’s fun to work with both!
This was the only thing I finished this week. I’m still working on the Double Nine Patch and a couple of other projects. Hopefully I’ll have a lot of sewing time this week so I can finish August with a lot of fabric used!
My weekly stats:
Used this week: 20 yards (Ohio Star)
Used year to date: 265 yards
Purchased this week: 0
Purchased year to date: 88 yards
Net year to date: 177 yards used
Click on the links at Patchwork Times to see more stash reports.