Today I finished the second fat quarter baby quilt. I had six fat quarters for each quilt and my original plan was to add some white background fabric and make a Disappearing 4 Patch from one set and a Disappearing 9 Patch from the other. Today is really windy with snow flurries so I finally gave up on taking pictures outside and just snapped a couple in the house. The color isn’t that great but it will do!
Here’s the finished D4P (the green is really more lime than kelly).
I quilted it in an overall design.
This quilt started out as a Disappearing Nine Patch. I’ve made a couple of these already where I just randomly placed the fabric when making the nine patch. For this quilt I wanted the blues to chain in one direction and the green/yellow to chain opposite with the red in each corner. I make one Disappearing Nine Patch block then decided it was easier to just cut the pieces and piece it block by block. It was much faster and probably more accurate. I only used five of the six fat quarters for this quilt and it turned out 51” x 63”.
This one was quilted in overall swirls.
These were fun and easy quilts to make. Both are donation quilts.
Be sure to come back on Monday. I’ll have a fun giveaway!