I’m still debating whether or not to sash the Triple Star quilt I wrote about yesterday. I have a fabric that would work, but I’m just not sure I want to put the time and effort into a mediocre project. Even with contrasting sashing strips the stars don’t show up very well. Plus, it will make it a little larger than I wanted. For right now, I’ve set it aside until I’ve made a decision.
So instead of thinking about that, I started a fun, easy project. This was a kit from Benartex for their Habitat line and it uses the BQ3 pattern. I love the big floral print! All of the BQ patterns use large prints to their advantage and this was one of the easiest projects I’ve ever made. This quilt has twelve 18” blocks so sewing the top together only takes a few hours. All my blocks are pieced and I just need to sew them together. It was the perfect project for a day of mindless sewing!