This week has been kind of a bust as far as sewing is concerned. For some reason I just could not find much time to get into the sewing room. I’d like to say that it’s because I’ve been spring cleaning but that’s not the case either. For one thing Friday is usually a free day that I can spend sewing but Jim was off this week for Good Friday and we went down to Milwaukee. So here’s a little recap of the week.
Applique Affair-blocks 8 and 9 stitched down. There are 25 blocks plus 25 border blocks in this quilt so I’m making progress. It would be nice to finish this before my quilt group’s summer “show.”
Scrappy Stars (from the Bali Breeze pattern)-four more star blocks and six 25 patch blocks completed. I’m still not sure exactly how big I’m making this but I think a total of 35 blocks so that makes 19 finished.
I cut out and started piecing a quick and easy disappearing 4 patch (or 4 into 9 patch) baby quilt. All the blocks are sewn and I hope to get them pressed and set together this afternoon. I started with six fat quarters so it only made 16 blocks. I’m not a fan of square quilts so I’ll have to figure out something for the top and bottom borders to make it rectangular.
Bundle of 10 is the only quilt I finished this week. I like how it turned out using the bright colors. It was easy to piece so it’s a nice one to make for donation quilts. I think I’ll try to make another one in traditional colors from stash fat quarters and see if I like it as well.
It doesn’t look like next week will be very productive either. I have to work three days so that SERIOUSLY cuts down on my sewing time!!
The weekly stash report:
Used this week: 9 yards
Used year to date: 99 yards
Purchased this week: 3
Purchased year to date: 21 yards
Net year to date: 78 yards used
Be sure to check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.
Charlene S says