DWM: Generations

My small sewing group meets this week and our quilt for March is Generations from Kim Brackett’s book Scrap-Basket BeautiesI’ve gotten behind on our monthly projects over the past couple of months, but I’m determined to have this top ready by Thursday.  Yesterday I finished piecing the blocks and sashing units so I’m ready to sew it together.  A couple of women in the group mentioned that it is easy to turn the blocks on this one so hopefully, I have everything in the right place and can start sewing the blocks together.

Generations Layout

Be sure to check out other design wall projects at Patchwork Times.

Print Friendly

7 Comments

1. I really like this pattern and have not seen it before. Using scrappy fabrics looks great! Good luck with getting it completed.

2. Greetings “Rhonda”……another Rhonda here. I love your scrappy quilt design. I like the secondary pattern the design lends. I know all will go well with sewing it all together!!

3. Fun scrap quilt!

4. In a quick scan-over with half closed eyes, I don’t see anything out of place, so if there is something, it isn’t going to be noticeable. =) Love the way this looks.

5. Now that you have your layout in a photo you can reference it when it comes time to sew your blocks together. I always take a photo and print it out for things like this.

6. This is a nice pattern for using my scraps. I really like your quilt, and I don’t see any patches turned the wrong way. I like Paula’s suggestion of using a photo to reference while sewing the top together too.

7. It is a great looking quilt – it looks sooo complicated to figure out, but really effective. Good luck with the sewing. xCathy